Department of Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering
The Department of Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering at MGMCET is established in 1986. It fosters excellence in teaching graduate and post graduate courses. It offers a B.E. and M.E degree course in Electronics and Tele Communication Engineering. The department believes in all round development of the students through continuous students-industry interaction. The department has departmental library which has all the important text books, conference proceeding and journal. The faculty actively participates in research and consultancy work.
Department Vision and Mission
To produce world class Technocrats, Scientists & Entrepreneurs with new ideas & innovations to meet cost effective industry expectations for all sections of society.
- To develop & deliver quality academic programs in emerging & innovative field of Engineering to empower the students to meet Industry Standards.
- To motivate students to develop innovative solutions for betterment of society.
- To Create Center of Excellence by establishing the Incubation Centers to meet global research challenges
A warm welcome to Department of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering. It is because of Telecommunication engineering, the entire world is connected and we are able to transmit and receive information at any corner of the world. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is an ever growing and exciting field that provides excellent career opportunities in the domains such as: RF Engineering, Transmission technologies, Access technologies (such as 3G, 4G, 5G,WiMax etc.) , IP based networks, IoT, Blockchain Technology, Network management etc.
One of my major initiatives is to bridge the connection between academia and industry. I look forward to work with my staff, students, alumni, organizations and friends to ensure that the right connection is established and our main vision is accomplished. At the Department of Electronics and Telecommunication, we thrive to ensure the Excellence of every student in Academics as well as extracurricular activities.
Department of Electronics and Telecommunication has always believed in the concept of making a Difference, like organizing different types of workshops, conferences, hands on training, make the labs more effective. Each new academic year begins with a new atmosphere, energetic mission, good values, and exuberance.
I am sure that students will experience the joy of learning with the spirit of innovation and creativity and able to build their carrier in a wide spectrum of domains.
—Dr. I. V. Singh, HOD
- Department got ISO certification during 2000
- Department got accredited by the National Board of Accreditation during 2005
- One project has been completed funded by BRNS.
- One project is going on funded by ICMR.
- Two group presented their work in India “International National Science Festival 2017” Chennai
- Two groups have been selected in “Hacakathon 2018” hardware edition.
- Two group participated in AICTE –Startup program at New Delhi in 2018,
- Department has two students Club
- Students have been placed in Philips, Infosys, and other MNCs
- Department has one spectrum analyzer upto 10GHz. with two antenna.
- Department has very IoT Lab.
- Department organized two workshops 1. IoT 2. MATLAB
- Department has BWSIM software for 5G parameter simulation
- Department has IEEE student branch
- Department conducting Knowledge and Skill Enhancement Program under IEEE student branch