Department of Computer Engineering
Computer engineering department focuses on design, implementation, analysis and application as component of systems .The department of Computer Engineering sustains and strengthens its teaching and research program to provide students with quality education in theory and practical. We offer students a solid background in the core areas of Computer Science and exposure to cutting-edge computer technologies. Computer Engineers draw background from the existing disciplines of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Electrical Engineering stresses the theory and design of hardware system through an understanding of electronic circuits, digital logic, and computer systems design. Computer Science stresses the theory and design of large software systems that use computer hardware to solve wide range problems. Computer Engineering combines these disciplines to provide a new kind of professional to meet with demands of the industry.
The courses in Computer Engineering specialize in computer algorithms and the design of complex software systems along with hardware subjects putting focus on computer systems design, digital signal processing, image processing and others. Amalgamation of Hardware and Software along with elective courses that allow students to tailor their studies to meet their individuals needs and interests.
The BE Computer Engineering Program established in the year of 1986 with 60 intakes and increased to 90 in the year of 2001-2011 also improved to 120 in the year 2011-2017. The ME program introduced in the year 2004 with 18 intakes and increased to 24 in the year 2016.
Department Vision and Mission
To produce world class engineers by providing a stimulating educational environment to address the challenges of the millennium and to inculcate social responsibility in them.
- To provide excellent academic environment by adopting an innovative teaching techniques through well developed curriculum
- To foster a self learning atmosphere for students to provide ethical solutions for societal challenges
- To establish Centre of Excellence in various domains of Computer Engineering and promote active research and development.
- To enhance the competency of the faculty in the latest technology through continuous development programs.
- To foster networking with alumni and industries for generating new growth opportunities
- Microsoft IT Academy
- IBM Center Of Excellence
- Cloud Point Technologies
Demand for computer engineers is growing in both the computer industry and also in the industries which rely heavily on computer based systems, including the telecommunications, electronics and semiconductor industries. The B.E.(Computer Engineering) program gives students a strong background in hardware and software engineering fundamentals. We offer an environment that provides small class sizes and individual attention to students. No previous computer experience is necessary for students entering this program.
The course gives students a strong background in the fundamentals of hardware and software design. Hardware courses covers electronic circuit design, digital logic design, and computer organization, architecture and interfacing. Software courses stress programming fundamentals, discrete mathematics, data structures, algorithms and Software engineering.
- Accredited by the National Board of Accreditation during the year 2008.
- Two groups participated in “SMART INDIA - HACKATHON 2018”, One group of students won the "1st Runner up" and another group won the Deloitte "Innovation Award".
- Successfully Conducted the IIT Spoken Tutorial for 250 students on the topic of "Python Programming".
- Successfully Conducted the National Conference on Challenges in Engineering Teaching and Research (NCCETR 2018) inaugurated by Dr. Anil Kakodkar, Nuclear Scientist and a recipient of Padamshri, Padmabhushan and Padmavibhushan.
- MOU Signed with Microsoft IT Academy, IBM Center Of Excellence and Cloud Point Technologies3
- Successfully Implemented the Moodle and Google Classroom for the students.
- Successfully started and running two Technical Clubs
- Graphics and Animation Club
- Game Designing Club
- One General Club - Film Marking Club