Department of Information Technology
The Department was established in the year 2002 with an intake of 40 students.The current intake in B.E. (Information Technology) is 60 students.
Information Technology(IT) at MGMCET, Kamothe , is one of the Best IT Department in Engineering Institute in Navi Mumbai undertakes various unique approaches to educate the students for the emerging and highly challenging Industry requirements. The Department has various laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art computing facilities to support the research and teaching activities. The department has a Robotics Lab in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai .
Pathway after Information Technology
IT Specialists are recruited in almost all ranges of employment such as finance, arts, medicine, defence, teaching and more. Apart from various opportunities available in IT firms, these professionals can get jobs in public sector and Government firms also. Moreover, a career in IT is considered as one of the most high-paying jobs and is full of opportunities as it is a never ending industry.
Department Vision and Mission
To emerge out as a prominent department offering a programme in its pursuit for academic excellence in order to develop professionally competent and socially responsible Information Technologists capable of meeting industry demands and social obligations in a vibrant global environment.
To strive towards building an atmosphere that will be a catalyst for innovative ideas and learning. Providing IT students with various opportunities and experiences that can help them to thrive and prosper through a blend of academics, practical exposure and research programs. To pursue successful careers in a global environment.
Keeping this objective in mind, young mindsets are educated here with full academic rigour to convert them into effective IT professionals. With the help of best of the infrastructure and the proper action plan, we train and educate engineers of outstanding ability who can become leaders in their profession.
The department regularly takes various initiatives; like Personality Development, Soft Skill sessions and employment oriented technical and management sessions for providing our students a clear and decisive edge in employ ability.
Department provides ample opportunities and tools to the students for grooming them as a productive and participating global citizens. We incorporate the good communication and technical skills as well as moral and ethical values for the overall development of the individual.
-- Prof K. Venkat Raman, HOD
- Organised National Conference on Integrating Human Value in profession Education, June 2018.
- Organised Training Program On "Digital Marketing" 2018.
- STUDENTS WON 2nd PRIZE AT Smart India Hakthon 2018, BHU.
- STUDENTS WON PRIZE AT Smart India Hakthon 2017, C.V.Raman Institute.
- The department coordinates for following Interdepartmental clubs
- General Club : Human Value Club.
- Technical Club : Robotics Club.
- Organises Industrial Visits to students in semester.
- Gives training to students on soft skills, personality development and technical aspects by calling adjunct faculties from Industry and Acadamicia.
- Encouraging Students to participate in Placements conducted at various Institutes